Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kitten2010 interview and more!


So after working on our new collaboration story, Kitten2010 and I (I like to consider us close friends) thought it would be fun to do an interview. I know I have a few readers who haven't read any of her stuff and I accept the challenge to fix that. She's a wonderful person and a wonderful writer, and hopefully this will help you get to know her better. If you go to the first link below, it will take you to her blog where you can see her interview with me. Let me tell you, she has some very interesting questions for me I think a lot of you will be surprised at the answer to.

The second link is her Literotica page, where you can read some of the most fantastic stories ever written. (FYI she's the one who inspired me to start writing ;D)


G: What form of inspiration do you use the most? Especially when you have writer's block.
K: I try changing up my routine. Like if I've been listening to a lot of Rise Against, I'll switch to Avenged Sevenfold or instead of getting my coffee at Starbucks, I go to a local place called Bodega Bean.

G: You just recently got published. Has that affected your writing at all, and how?
K: I feel a lot more pressure to write books now so that I stay relevant. Not only that, but there's a ton of promo legwork that I hadn't anticipated. I feel bad, because I do intend to continue writing things that are free to all, but that often suffers. I'm also finding myself writing outside of my comfort zone. Like right now, I'm working on a naughty twist on the Snow White story that has a lesbian scene and an M/M/F menage, neither of which are something I've ever even thought about.
G: Why do you choose to write Male/Male fiction? After all, you are female.
K: I have no idea what drew me to M/M. I think it's because I've always loved the LGBT community and I've always been of the opinion that love is love. The first time I tried writing it, it came naturally.

G: Does your husband know about your writing? What does he think about it?
K: He does know about it and he fully supports me in every way, though he chooses not to read my stories. He does help in other ways though, whether it be helping me name characters or bringing me food and drink.

G: We've worked together quite a few times. Which of our stories do you think is the best and why?
K: I would have to say Hybrid Chronicles: Michah & Declan. We had a blast writing that and I think it really shows in the story. I feel like if we had a good time writing it, the readers will have a good time reading it.

G: When did you start writing and what inspired you to start?
K: I've always had a wild imagination and I used to make stories up all the time for my younger sisters. When I was about 10 or so, I started writing them down so I wouldn't forget them.

G: Has there ever been a situation where you doubted your writing?
K: That would be pretty much every day. I have a bad habit of constantly second guessing myself. I really am my own worst critic. It's really bad actually.

G: If you decide not to pursue a writing career, what would you want to do instead?
K: Well, I'm in school for social work so that's definitely what I want to do. Although (and G, please don't gag) I'd love to be a stay at home mom.

G: Is there any advice you would want to give to your readers? Writers and non-writers alike?
K: No matter what you choose to do, there will probably always be somebody better than you. Do it anyway. You can't constantly compare yourself to everyone else. Of course, I could stand to take my own advice sometimes, so don't ask me how to do it because I don't know.  I'm just saying you should.

G: If there was one thing that you could change in the world, what would it be?
K: I'd have to say prejudice. While stereotyping is somewhat necessary to keep us from going insane, I wish there was a way to force people to realize that not every ____ is like X, Y, and Z. That blank could be filled in with anything. 

1 comment:

  1. Even though I posted a comment on her blog (about your interview), I had to say it again here. I love hearing about what makes ya'll tick!! :)

    ReplyDelete